Lately, with the weather warming up, I’ve been craving quick and simple sides for dinner that are packed with flavor and nutrients. I threw this avocado salad together one evening and my whole family went nuts for it! Sometimes, it’s the simple flavors that really stand out.
The creamy avocado coupled with the tangy, sweet balsamic and slight crunch of the micro-greens, will have you whipping up this soon-to-be classic side all summer long! The Balsamic Vinaigrette makes a full batch so you have some for the whole week, or use it on salads or even as a tasty chicken marinade. Yay for multi-tasking food!! And
if you can’t find micro-greens in a store near you (I found my organic greens at Trader Joe’s for about $2.00!) try using alfalfa sprouts, or even thinly sliced romaine leaves.
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- ½ C micro-greens
- 1/2 C Olive Oil
- ¼ C Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Organic Dijon Mustard
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt Freshly ground pepper
- ¼ tsp Italian seasoning ¼ tsp granulated garlic
- ¼ tsp granulated onion
- 1) Carefully slice the avocado in half. Twist to separate the halves. Remove the pit and discard.
- 2) With a large spoon, carefully scoop each avocado half out of the shell and place on a serving plate. Discard shell.
- 3) Place ¼ C micro-greens in each avocado pit hole. (Is there a nicer way to say this? I couldn't think of one.)
- 4) In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine vinaigrette ingredients. Shake vigorously to combine.
- 5) Spoon some of the vinaigrette over each avocado half and serve!