Apparently, it’s really difficult to make a small amount of cranberry sauce. Have you ever noticed that? Long after the leftover turkey, dressing and pumpkin pie have vanished, there’s still that bowl of cranberry sauce sitting in the fridge. My family loves cranberry sauce, but no matter how much we use on the big T-Day, we always have lots leftover. Always.
So what’s a thrifty mom to do? Re-purpose and re-use, that’s what! Today I’m making my Cranberry Vinaigrette – one of the 200+ recipes in my first book, The Healthy Gluten Free Life. It’s my gift to you on this post Thanksgiving, what do we eat now, kind of weekends. So cook up some chicken or steak, slice and make yourself a hearty spinach salad with this Cranberry Vinaigrette! It’ll be the best thing you’ve done with cranberry sauce all week!
- ⅓ C (80 mL) balsamic vinegar
- ¾ C (180 mL) olive oil
- ¼ C (60 mL) Cranberry Sauce (I use my leftovers from pg. 252 in The Healthy Gluten Free Life. But use what you've got!)
- 1 tsp organic Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp raw organic honey
- 1) Blend all ingredients in a blender or Bullet blender until fully combined.
- 2) Use immediately.
- 3) Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.