I had to share yet another fantastic holiday recipe from my first book, The Healthy Gluten Free Life!
The first time we made these surprisingly delicious drinks at Thanksgiving everyone responded the same way, “Pumpkin, in a martini?” It didn’t sound great but we gave it a go anyway, and we are so glad we did! They were a hit and we’ve made them every year since. The combination of orange, pumpkin and cinnamon make a really unique and delicious pre-meal cocktail!
- 1 oz vodka, chilled
- 1 oz vanilla liqueur
- 1-1/2 oz organic orange juice
- 1 TBSP organic pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1) Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- 2) Add the vodka, vanilla liqueur, orange juice, pumpkin puree and a pinch of cinnamon.
- 3) Shake well and strain into a cocktail or martini glass.
- 4) Garnish with a pinch of nutmeg.