It’s almost Thanksgiving, and I just realized I have NO munchies for guests before dinner! Uh-oh. Hungry guests are a no-no in my family, so I’m whipping up some Spiced Maple Pecans, from my first book, The Healthy Gluten Free Life, to keep everyone busy while dinner is cooking. Along with a variety of olives, munchies are taken care of. Yay! Sweet, salty and absolutely delicious, you and your guests will love them!
- 2 Cups Raw Pecans
- 3 TBSP Pure Maple Syrup
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- A pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 1) In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon, ginger, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 2) Place maple syrup in a medium bowl, set aside.
- 3) In a large skillet, toast the pecans over medium high heat, stirring almost constantly, until nuts are slightly toasted and hot. (about 5 minutes)
- 4) Add nuts to the maple syrup bowl and toss to coat.
- 5) Sprinkle spice mixture over nuts and stir to evenly coat.
- 6) Spread nuts in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. Cool completely and enjoy!!