This simple snack and garnish appeared in my very first cookbook, The Healthy Gluten Free Life. But I share it with you today so you can go forth and make seeds!
Great by themselves, sprinkled on salads or tossed on Butternut Squash Soup, these spiced pumpkin seeds deliver great taste and nutrition. Pumpkin seeds possess anti-inflammatory properties and are high in phosphorous, magnesium, iron, and zinc, making them a great go to snack for the whole family!
- 1 TBSP Coconut oil
- 2/3 cup shelled, green pumpkin seeds (Pepitas)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1) Heat oil over medium high heat.
- 2) Add pumpkin seeds and cook, stirring often, until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- 3) Transfer seeds to a small bowl and toss with salt and spices.
- Try toasted pecans or walnuts instead of pumpkin seeds for a change.